THE MATERIALS OF STUDENT DEVELOPMENT
The materials of student development include materials prepared by the university relevant to its own experience in developing the students, those prepared by multiple colleges through inter-college collaborations as well as those developed through trainings and conceptual studies.
Unimus’ materials of student development include the followings, such as:
- Students’ reasoning and knowledge
- Students’ interests and hobbies
- Students’ prosperity
- Student organizations
- Student social services
The student development aims to reach the university’s target, which is to create academic experts as well as professionals who are scholarly, credible, and representing the character of Indonesian
To make it real, student development is conducted integrally, which is dynamic, and in line with the effort and wisdom of either regional or national development, in accordance with the national resilience oriented in the development of science and future technology.
The student development is conducted according to the principle of “Among System”, which prioritizes the development of a student in manner, mentality and character complementary to his or her knowledge and professional skills.
According to the direction of the student development, such strategic steps are conducted by menanamkan kesadaran untuk melaksanakan fungsi dan misi pendidikan sesuai dengan Statuta, dengan cara belajar berorganisasi melalui organisasi kemahasiswaan sesuai dengan pedoman pembinaan dan pengembangan kemahasiswaan.
Pembinaan dan pengembangan kegiatan belajar berorganisasi diarahkan untuk meningkatkan kepekaan / kepedulian serta keterlibatan terhadap lingkungan sosial yang setara dengan tingkat intelektualitasnya.
Strategi juga diarahkan untuk meningkatkan kemampuan dan ketrampilan manajerial yang dilaksanakan melalui kegiatan beroganisasi yang terarah dan terprogram serta berkesinambungan untuk menghasilkan tenaga yang kreatif, inovatif dan produktif
THE MATERIALS AND METHODS
The fields of activities in developing the students as social beings, covering social, cultural, economic, ideological, national resilience, leadership and prosperity aspects, are grouped into 4, as the followings :
- Reasoning: Reasoning is a kind of activity that includes the development of scientific and expertness/analytical professional attitudes of the students. The scientific attitude is intended to create academic experts and scholarly professionals able to conduct sharp analyses, honest, open-minded, scrupulous, determined, discipline, objective and responsible that all they do are to improve the the community’s prosperity. The expertness attitude is intended to create academic personnel and scholarly professionals who have willingness to reach some expertise and skill levels that correspond to their fields of knowledge, technology and art based on the professional ethics to be implemented in various kinds of activities in the community. The kinds of reasoning activities are as follows: institutional researches, academic seminars, productive and innovative works, scientific works, management and leadership practices.
- Interest, Talent and Hobby: Interest, talent and hobby are activities that contain rhe developments of interest, talent and hobby, aimed to improve the spirit, creativity and idealism (emotional quality) in order improve the reasoning and professional abilities of the students. In this sense, interest means the students’ interests in extracurricular activities. Meanwhile, talent is a basic ability of a student. And, hobby is an attitude of liking a certain extracurricular activity. The kinds of activities belonging to this kind are sports, art, culture, nature preservation, scout, national defense as well as campus publishing.
- Prosperity: Prosperity is a kind of activity that includes the developments of soul, personality, religion and students’ welfare in form of services, stimuli, facility provider in order to support the spiritual enhancement as well as the the improvement of the students’ ability to live of the learning process to reach the ultimate goal of higher education.
The followings are the kinds of activities, such as:
- Counseling guidance
- Community Service, a kind of activity of developing students through processes of introduction, appreciation and training to solve social problems and also the fulfillment relevant to the objectives of science and technology (IPTEK). Community service includes work camps, natural disaster countermeasures, trainings and councelings.
Student development is educative and applied through various ways, such as persuasion, counceling, stimulus, observation and evaluation so that the students are helped in developing their reasoning, interests and hobbies and services to the community positively.
- The objectives
- The materials
- The advisor’s characteristics, including the ability and personality
- The environment, including the socio-cultural environment
- The facilities, time and fund provided by Unimus, other parties of the students themselves
- The students’ characteristics, including their economic and social conditions
- The sequential relation between activities by considering the facilities, time, energy, fund as well as ability
1. Unimus’ Student Affair (Download)